Fabrinet UK are looking for a Business Development Account Manager who will report to the Sales and Commercial Manager.
The sucessful candidate will deliver a first class, professional sales and Business Development (including account management) service consistently to all customers/stakeholders to ensure the needs of the customers are met & exceeded and promote this ethos throughout the company. They will maximise the profitable sales of the company’s services and drive new business opportunities with existing customers which have been assigned to them.
They will also identify sales opportunities with potential new customers, ensure prompt and efficient communication, quotation and follow up to maximize the potential of securing new revenue to grow the business, identify target market sectors, engage with prospective new customers in line with the company’s capabilities, qualify new opportunities and develop a sales funnel to meet the revenue expectations of the business.
1. Customer Relationship Management
- Build effective relationships by acting as the interface between the customer and internal departments & teams to maintain and improve service, delivery and all aspects of performance.
- Deliver excellent service, demonstrate effective process control and communication, and give the customer complete confidence in order to grow the business, gain access to new projects secure new revenue opportunities.
- Be a “hunter” and use existing contacts, networks, knowledge of markets, trends and emerging technology to promote Fabrinet with potential customers.
- Represent the business in a professional and informed way in front of customers.
- Actively involved with marketing requirements from the VP Sales & Marketing.
- Co-ordinate quarterly business reviews and regular / periodic customer visits ensuring all the relevant stakeholders are included.
- Turnaround of customer complaints/issues within agreed timescales.
- Act as the deputy for specified customers when main SAM (Sales Account Manager) is absent.
- Ensure designated customer profiles are set up and maintained and records, documents, agreements, NDAs and quotes are correctly filed within customer folders.
2. Business Forecast and Growth
- Identify opportunities to develop the business with existing development customers and work closely with the Sales & Commercial Manager on new prospects.
- Coordinate, manage and attend QBRs and other meetings as necessary to develop customer relationships and understand customer strategies and short/ medium/ long term requirements.
- Maintain sales forecasts for each customer with accurate revenue projections.
- To prepare weekly pipeline and activity reports for the VP Sales & Marketing and Sales & Commercial Manager.
- To complete detailed QBR updates for the quarterly BD reviews with VP Sales & Marketing and Sales & Commercial Manager.
- To develop a sales strategy for target companies, industries and sectors with a goal to connect with “good fit” customers.
- Visit / exhibit at trade shows as required.
- Respond to new enquires and manage their initial introduction into the business including RFQs and visits to the Fabrinet facility.
- If required, in conjunction with the Sales & Commercial Manager, manage customer exit strategy in a professional and controlled manner that meets the company focus whilst retaining the customer relationship intact.
3. Commercial Awareness
- Raise Customer RFQ’s within 48 hours of receipt.
- Liaise with the Quote team to ensure that proposals are compiled to customer RFQ requirements. All quotations forwarded by the Quote team are to be reviewed and approved within 48 hours before submission to the customer.
- Pro-active approach to customer annual pricing reviews to ensure full and valid commercial arrangements are in place at all times.
- Ensure that any commercial claims are carried out and are settled in a timely manner.
- Be the owner and coordinator of Framework Agreements, Service Level Agreements or any other commercial documentation and involve other stakeholders as required.
- Coordinate and agree commercial & trading terms in conjunction with Sales & Commercial Manager and General Manager.
4. Order Book Management
- Acknowledge receipt of customer P.O. within 48 hours advising that delivery dates will be confirmed following order review.
- Manage the sales order book by fully complying with the company’s Sales Order Review process.
- All orders are to be loaded to the date agreed by the business. Any deviation concerns to the sales commitment already determined are to be escalated & reviewed by the Senior Management.
- Ensure all orders loaded are internally checked and our official acknowledgement is sent to the customer to confirm our agreed delivery date within 24 hours of sales order entry.
- Work with the Planning department to provide accurate reports customers and ensure issues impacting delivery commitments are communicated as far in advance as possible.
5. Service Delivery
- Be the customer champion within the business.
- Have a commercial overview or involvement of ECN and other engineering and technical requirements to ensure we meet customer expectations.
- Coordinate the Customer Returns (RMA process) and involve Quality and other departments to ensure timely response and appropriate corrective actions
- Implement and manage a Joint Action Register for all strategically important accounts
- Manage commercial tasks, customer requirements (including order-book and action reviews) in a professional manner.
6. Inventory & Cash Management
- Inventory management – pro-active approach with customers ensure the wider business is informed how to manage stock by ensuring that planned orders are consumed, raw materials are invoiced where applicable and aged stock is minimal.
- Maintain up-to-date Excess and Obsolete materials and invoice monthly unless agreed otherwise.
- Full compliance with team performance indicators
- Full compliance with departmental and company procedures
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant company policies and procedures as detailed on the Business Management system
- Maintain a safe working environment and comply with 6S requirements
- Attend company meetings, training courses and conferences as necessary
This list is not exhaustive and in addition to these duties and responsibilities the Sales Account Manager is required to carry out any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
Key Performance Measures:
- Professional Account Management (including effective internal and external communication).
- Order entry within a maximum of 48 hours of receipt of the Purchase Order.
- Keep order book arrears to a minimum by working with the customer and internal stakeholders.
- On Time Delivery to the customer (working with other departments to ensure we meet these commitments).
- Achieve Sales targets in each customer.
- Provide regular Sales forecasts for existing accounts and new business opportunities.
- Develop a strong sales pipeline with strategically aligned targets alongside deliverable revenue projections.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Proven track record in customer relationship/ account management/ business development with a focus on sales success and an enthusiasm for new business.
- A willingness to undertake market research and pipeline activity (such as trade shows and prospecting) to maintain and grow the funnel of new opportunities.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal. An excellent telephone manner along with an open, honest, clear and constructive approach.
- Computer literate with experience/good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work and tasks effectively.
- Commercial awareness with a good understanding of P&Ls, quote processes, margins and costs.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to change.
- Self-starter and able to use own initiative.
- Able to work remotely or in the office as required and to attend customer & off-site meetings.
- Ability to maintain good records of Business development activity.
- Disciplined to ensure regular follow ups of potential new opportunities.
- Supportive team member.
- Completer/finisher that takes accountability.
If you wish to be considered, or would like further details, please apply in writing to Linda Jennings (HR Manager) at email@example.com sending a copy of your CV together with a covering letter as to why you are interested.
Closing date: Friday 7th May 2021